My Wargaming Week, 13th February 2015

Hi all.

In bits and bobs I have progressed with the Erbprinz Fusilier Regiment.

Last night I finished the block-painting and washed with Strong Tone ink.

This morning I have repainted the white leggings and waistcoats with dove grey. I have also repainted the faces and hands with Humbrol flesh then washed with Reikland Fleshshade. Lastly I painted the mitre fronts with shining silver then shaded with a mix of gunmetal paint and nuln oil wash, thinned with a dab of water. At this stage it all looks a bit rough but will come good at the end :-)

Next step will be to start the highlighting.



After this I plan a unit of British Grenadiers. Last night I nearly ordered these from Perry but at the last minute I realised I had 22 Foundry castings in the bits box. I was able to reduce the order to one pack of metal command and a plastic command sprue. The rest of the money was diverted to Front Rank and a couple of 1-horse limbers and horses. These will be used to pull those Hessian 4-pounders around.

It's half-term this week and I'm off, so I might even get a game set up. No promises though!

Cheers

Comments

  1. Excellent progress, look forward to seeing the British grenadiers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely as-is. They already look nicely shaded, very realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment