Hill Fort part 1

I fancy a hill fort to go with my Arthurian collection. Unfortunately the commercially available ones don't really accommodate 120x60mm elements very well and are pretty expensive. So I thought I'd have a go at scratch building something.

I had a lot of complex ideas for modular walls but in the end decided to go simple and use an old terrain tile as the basis. The photos show how I arranged 8 infantry elements into a suitable shape the drew around their fronts and backs to mark out the rampart. The rest of the tile was the cut away using an old bread knife, a Stanley knife and a flat blade screwdriver. The resulting dome/doughnut was then roughly sanded and glued to an old piece of hardboard ready for some more advanced modelling later in the week.



Comments

  1. Wouldn't it have been easier to use some plain polystyrene???? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had spare polystyrene lying around I would have used that. I didn't, but did have the TSS square!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment