Back on the blogosphere

Hi chaps Where did all that time go? Anyway, I am still ploughing on with writing AWI scenarios and seemt to be finally getting somewhere and can start thinking about future projects. Over the last year both my gaming and painting have been pushed into the background by family life, work and the writing but I hoipe to be able to rectify that over the summer. I still have a lot of started projects that I'd like to make progress with (6mm Waterloo, 28mm ECW, etc) and for my recent birthday I was kindly given some Perry ACW plastics which have me thinking about the possibility of reusing my AWI terrain for the later period. I have been running through ideas for Black Powder and have found it works well as a semi-skirmish set using standard sized units of 6-8 figures representing 1-2 companies. This lets me fight interesting brigade sized actions on an average sized table. For the ACW this would include things like Chamberlain's defence of Little Round Top and avoids the need for a massive investment in figures and painting. No Salute for me this year, but I hope to get down there in 2012 either as a punter or with an AWI demo game (anyone fancy helping out if I do this?). The Perries are promising some new plastic 3-ups at this years show and I really hope that at least one AWI set is in the offing! That's all for now folks. I'm off to the National Space Centre in Leicester with the family. Hope to take lots of photos. Don't forget Partizan on the 29th May. cheers

Comments